Friday 10 April 2015

Goodnight To Love

The sound of my heart: like the beat of a festival drum
Like half a dozen mommy elephants stomping the yard
It aches and it tickles
It's awkward
It's the way loneliness feels.

My heart now feels the chill of the night
The cloak is gone
Half a swans neck
I stand alone.

Incoherent thumping
I know this feeling
I remember it from 5months ago
Wow, has it been just 5months?
When broken promises had pricked my heart
And with gentle kisses you tried to heal it.

*sigh*
Dang. I'm  rambling
Did I think this would be my style only 5months after?
Oooh lolu see what you have turned me into?
I'm now like the village town crier
Playing this gong in my heart
Because no one else must hear of my misery
They all warned me of the timing uno
"isn't it too soon?" Tolani had asked me, her voice pregnant with concern
But I was sure of this one this time around. I had assured her.

Oh Tolani, come and hold my hand
Give me your shoulder lemme cry on
Cry with me, this pain is heavy for my heart alone

"Heart aches, how my heart aches" the song is on replay in my head
I yearn for our "happy days"

*unstable heart beats*

I guess the night has come for us Lolu
And it's time for me to say goodnight.

Goodnight, Lolu. 😣

No comments:

Post a Comment