Friday 10 April 2015

Scarlet Letters



Dear red box,

You are the beginning.

My pen just stopped writing, and it's affecting my brain
It's a labyrinth. I can see corners. It's a haze
Pain, pain. Blooded pain.

Tears and rain
Fears and pain
I'll spew you out, I have patronized you too long. I'm patriotic but not this time
I've packed my bags, called the moving van. I'm moving out of your town.

                                                  * * *
I picked up a pad, you know, the one we got that friday evening after you picked me up from work. I smiled and waved it in your direction. It was going to bear my gains...
Purple, yellow, flower, green. Sticks and stones, a dog, a bone
This book is recording my pain
That pain in my gut...
I shake my head, tendrils fall. I can't shake you off
I spit out the window. The bitter taste remains
My tears dignify your existence.

Dew, cock crow, sunshine and moon
Pain, pain. Blooded pain
Cloud, lightning, thunder and rain
Pain, pain. Blooded pain
A cool breeze, before the wind that brought about the storm that rocked the boat
You don't deserve this!

You are the beginning, and you are the end!

Tears and pain
Fears and rain
Wash away...
Unashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment