Friday 10 April 2015

Woe Betide Me

Woe betide me!

That I open my mouth n call you a filthy pig
Even though at midnight, while I lay still with my eyes shut (or so you thought)
You creeped out of bed like a thief in the night
Your act in stealth perfected
You open her door just a creek like an alarm
She laying there, awaiting

This had become a custom
You, her, every other night, when you fools thought me asleep
Those other nights, I had wondered why you stayed so long in the bathroom
Why you stayed so long in the kitchen
Why you stayed so long in the living room
And then I had drifted back to sleep, like an overworked woman needing "these hours of sleep"

Woe betide me
That I call you and your harlot "the devils angels"
When every other night, I put down your longing and desire for my juices
And let you alone while you lay stiff hungry
Because I was the overworked breadwinner who needed "these hours of sleep"

No comments:

Post a Comment